On Tuesday, September 4th Bytemark launched a mobile ticketing app for San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans). The app is compatible with both iOS and Android, allowing riders to set up a secure account to purchase, save and use tickets. The app includes an advanced trip-planner allowing riders to plan trips anywhere in the Bay Area.
What you can do with the app
- Pay bus fare using your phone without having to carry cash or worry about exact change
- Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card for a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders. Mobile tickets must be used within thirty days
- Learn more about how to use SamTrans and other transit systems to get around San Mateo County and beyond.
“We couldn’t be more excited to offer our award-winning technology in the Bay Area to SamTrans,” said Bytemark Founder, Greg Valyer. “The SamTrans app is a collaboration between Bytemark and our trip-planning partner Hacon. Together we have brought the best of what Siemens Mobility has to offer. Bytemark is providing SamTrans with a single mobile application from which users will be able to plan intermodal journeys and purchase their tickets or passes seamlessly.”
How it works
- Go to Buy Tickets
- Choose mode of travel
- Add tickets to cart
- Activate ticket when bus arrives
- Show ticket to driver
- Enter start and end destinations
- Search through available times that fit your schedule
- Save locations as favorites for future trips
The San Mateo County Transit District is the administrative body for the principal public transit and transportation programs in San Mateo County: SamTrans bus service, including Redi-Wheels & RediCoast paratransit service, Caltrain commuter rail and the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Caltrain and the TA have contracted with the District to serve as their managing agency, under the direction of their appointed boards.
Together, Siemens Mobility and its subsidiaries HaCon and Bytemark, Inc. provide a unique and holistic ecosystem of digital services and solutions. From trip planning across passenger communication to mobile ticketing, payment and comprehensive Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solutions, from fleet management to train planning systems, we share one common goal: enhancing the passenger experience – with our combined power for mobility. Complementary portfolio elements like data analytics, allow transport operators to further optimize their mobility services.